What To Expect On Your First Visit To Marino Physiotherapy:
On your first visit plan to arrive about 20 minutes prior to appointment time to complete your new patient paperwork. If you would like to complete this beforehand, you can access your forms here.
At your scheduled appointment time you will meet with one of our highly credentialed Physical Therapists that will evaluate and treat your condition. They may ask you questions about your past medical history, any previous surgeries or injuries, when the symptoms began, what makes the pain worse, or what do you do now to alleviate pain in that area. The therapist will then perform a thorough screen and joint specific assessment to determine not only the source of your pain, but also the underlying factors contributing to it. Then your therapist will educate you on their findings as to what is causing the problem and develop a highly efficient and focused treatment plan specifically to meet your needs. If time permits, your therapist will try to get some hands-on work done during your first visit and will assess your response after each treatment to ensure effectiveness. The PT will discuss an expected time frame for recovery and our receptionist will ensure you are scheduled to meet the needs of both your body and busy lifestyle.
WHERE IS MARINO PHYSIOTHERAPY?
We are conveniently located just off of I-40 at 8904A Cross Park Drive Knoxville TN. Cross Park Drive is just north of I-40 between Cedar Bluff and Bridgewater Road.
- From the Post Office, turn left and we are 0.2 miles down Cross Park on the right. We are the last business on the right before you reach Bridgewater Road
- From the Bridgewater exit, turn North (away from Kingston Pike), then turn Left on Cross Park Drive, we are the first business on the left
- From McDonalds on Cedar Bluff, turn on Cross Park Drive (which is RIGHT before McDonalds) then continue 0.8 miles, we are the last business on the right before you reach Bridgewater Road
WHAT TO BRING
- Driver’s License
- Insurance card(s)
- Medication List
- Referral from the Doctor if you have one (not required in TN)
- Any questions you have about your condition
WHAT TO WEAR
Comfortable clothing which allows the therapist to evaluate the area that is being treated. The therapist will need to see and feel the area in order to properly evaluate your condition. It may be helpful to bring a tank-top or short sleeved shirt for neck and shoulder conditions. Shorts are helpful to evaluate knees and hips. We have an area where you can change if needed.
HOW LONG IS THE VISIT?
Each visit usually lasts about 45-60 minutes
- Yes, you will probably have some homework. As Marino Physiotherapists are extremely specific in determining the exact causes and tissues related to your problem, they’re able to prescribe a highly focused home program that typically takes 4 minutes or less to complete per day.
- Your homework should never hurt or increase discomfort!
PAIN / ODD SYMPTOMS
This is against the rules! PT does not stand for pain and torture. Our therapists have many tools to improve your condition without increasing your pain. The expression “no pain, no gain” DOES NOT APPLY to your physical therapy. While you may be able to tolerate your discomfort, this is not a goal of therapy and it is VERY IMPORTANT that you report any discomfort or unusual symptoms to your PT.
- As a courtesy, we will check your benefits for you and review these at your first visit.
- At this time, we currently accept Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare, Tricare and Worker’s Compensation. We work with most insurance companies to file out of network claims, and provide billing statements for those patients that desire to file their own insurance claim. We offer a discounted cash pay rate for those without insurance.
- We accept most major credit cards, cash, check, HSA and FSA cards.
- Copays, Coinsurances, and Self Pay Payments are due on the day services are rendered.
FRIENDS & FAMILY
- We are strong believers in the value of supportive friends and family in your care. You are welcome to have them join you in your sessions. This is especially helpful as you learn about your condition to have another set of ears to help guide you beyond just your PT session.
- Children may join you but are not permitted outside of your immediate treatment area and are especially not permitted to play on therapy equipment for their own safety.