ALAINA RAE MARINO
PT, DPT, cDN, CMPT, COMT2, OCS, FAAOMPT
Alaina Marino (formerly Alaina Hagy) has been practicing Physical Therapy since 2005. She was previously the outpatient therapy manager at Methodist Hospital in Oak Ridge. She has also served as a senior therapist and new therapist mentor at both Marino Therapy Centers here in Knoxville and with Action Potential in Colorado Springs, CO. She completed a 3-year Fellowship in Orthopedic Manual Therapy and is almost through with her second doctorate – a DSc (Advanced Clinical Doctorate) – through Andrews University. She specializes in the treatment of chronic and complex patients, spine issues, pediatric headaches, advanced options for Bell’s Palsy, night-time leg cramps, and post-motor-vehicle-accident care. Her Fellowship thesis was on Management of Nighttime Leg Cramps and she has specialized in treating Headaches for over 12 years. She has completed four different certifications in Manual Therapy and also enjoys her role as an Adjunct Professor of Orthopedics at South College. In her free time, she enjoys hiking with her two pups, woodworking, gardening, and watching movies with her husband Jason.
Alaina's advanced certifications include:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Certified Orthopedic Manipulative Therapist with NAIOMT
- Certified Manual Physical Therapist with NAIOMT
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist with MAITLAND
- Doctoral of Clinical Science candidate in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy at Andrews University
- Certified in Trigger Point Dry Needling
- LSVT BIG Certification – Parkinson’s exercise program
- Certified Advanced Clinical Instructor for the APTA (American Physical Therapy Association)
- Has spoken locally and nationally on Posture and Spine Care
- Adjunct Professor in Orthopedics for South College's Doctorate of Physical Therapy program
PT, DPT, CMPT
Marino Physiotherapy is proud to welcome Danny Winningham, DPT, CMPT to the team! He graduated from UT Chattanooga in 2005, and lives right here in Knoxville with his wife, daughter, and a son (arriving in January!). When he is not in the clinic or enjoying family time, you might find him playing softball or on a golf course. With tons of experience and orthopedic expertise, Danny is the premier choice in Knoxville for managing complex athletic injuries, knee issues, and heel pain! More info on Danny coming soon!
PTA, B.S. KINESIOLOGY
Marino Physiotherapy is stoked to introduce Samantha Fuhrmann, Kinesiologist and Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) as our newest team member! Samantha has a B.S. in Kinesiology from the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire and a PTA degree from her time in North Dakota. Recently Samantha has moved to Knoxville and is excited to join the MPT team. In her spare time she loves to travel, cheer on the Green Bay Packers, and spend time outdoors with her husband and their one-year-old puppy! More info on Sam coming soon!